The BA in International Arts Management aims to prepare students to pursue careers in an increasingly global workplace. The study abroad experience allows students to expand their understanding of cultural policies, organizational structure and funding in a range of international arts, entertainment and media enterprises. The International Arts Management major offers students the opportunity to travel and study at universities such as:
- Bath Spa University-Bath, England
- Dublin Institute of Technology-Downtown Dublin, Ireland
- Flinders University, Australia
- Rose Bruford College-Sidcup, England
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Tongji University: College of Communication and Arts-Shanghai, China
- PopAkademie Baden-Wurttemberg-Mannheim, Germany
- University of East London-East London, England
- University of Salford, England
- Twente University, Enschede, Netherlands
These offerings may change.
The full-time and adjunct faculty of more than 100 renowned academics and creative professionals integrate current industry practices into the classroom. With over 700 business and entrepreneurship students and a global network of alumni, the program has a major influence in the field of arts, entertainment, and media management worldwide.
Successful International Arts Management graduates should be able to:
- Manage international creative organizations and professionals.
- Combine critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills to the entrepreneurial development of international arts enterprises.
- Analyze trends, opportunities, and challenges to compete successfully in a rapidly changing global business environment.
- Articulate the impact of cultural and socio-economic differences
A grade of C or better is required in all major coursework.
For students who have earned a Bachelors degree previously, Columbia offers a Second Bachelor of Arts in International Arts Management.
Program Requirements | 4 Year Planning Tool | Transfer Planning Tools