The BA in Marketing aims to equip students with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global marketing industry. Students learn fundamental marketing principles, apply creative tactics and promotion strategies, and analyze social media and digital platform data to devise and execute marketing and communications plans for a wide range of products and services. Concentrations further prepare students for careers in digital media marketing, entertainment industry marketing, or sports management. The program’s full-time and adjunct faculty consists of academics and creative professionals who integrate current industry practices into their classroom to prepare students for diverse marketing careers.
As a result of successfully completing program requirements, students should be able to:
- understand essential marketing practices and principles including market research, media selection, and communication campaigns;
- apply quantitative methods for assessing differences among consumers, segments, markets or other important elements;
- distinguish innovations from ideas based on competitiveness, consumer acceptance, scalability, and profitability;
- appraise marketing decisions for their adherence to brand consistency and core values;
- create a strategic marketing plan that synthesizes fundamentals of marketing practices and principles; and
- assess how the business practices of marketing can be responsive to issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.