The BA in Live and Performing Arts Management aims to equip students with the knowledge and skills to pursue careers in the live entertainment industry. Students will have the opportunity to learn how to manage and lead live and performing arts organizations with an emphasis on entrepreneurial thinking and leadership.
Students majoring in Live and Performing Arts Management study booking, presenting, producing, touring and promoting live entertainment for non-profit and for-profit organizations.
Elective courses in the Business and Entrepreneurship department give students hands-on management experiences through student-run business that include a talent agency and live entertainment venue.
The full-time and adjunct faculty of more than 100 renowned academics and creative professionals integrate current industry practices into the classroom. With over 900 arts, entertainment, and media management students and a global network of alumni, the program has a major influence in the field of arts, entertainment, and media management worldwide.
Successful Live and Performing Arts Management graduates should be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of managing creative organizations and professionals.
- Apply critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills to the entrepreneurial management of the creative sectors.
- Analyze trends, opportunities, and challenges to compete successfully in a rapidly changing global environment.
- Lead the next generation of creative ventures.
- Launch self-sustaining creative careers.
A grade of “C” or better is required in all major coursework.
For students who have earned a Bachelors degree previously, Columbia offers a Second Bachelor of Arts in Live and Performing Arts Management.
Degree Requirements | 4 Year Planning Tool | Transfer Planning Tool