Return to: Academic Policies
In compliance with the Campus Security Act of 1990, as amended, Columbia College Chicago prepares and distributes an annual campus security report. A copy of each annual report is located on the campus Safety and Security website at Annual Security and Fire Safety Report or may be obtained from the office located at 916 S. Wabash Ave., room 505.
The annual report contains the following information:
- Current campus polices regarding procedures and facilities for students and others to report criminal actions or other emergencies occurring on campus and policies concerning the college’s response to such reports;
- Current campus policies concerning security and access to campus facilities, including campus residences, and security considerations used in the maintenance of campus facilities;
- Current policies concerning campus law enforcement, including the law enforcement authority of campus security personnel, the working relationship of campus security personnel with state and local law enforcement agencies, policies which encourage accurate and prompt reporting of all crimes to campus security, and the appropriate law enforcement agencies, when the victim of such a crime elects or is unable to make such a report;
- A description of the type and frequency of programs designed to inform students and employees of campus security procedures and practices and to encourage students and employees to be responsible for their own security and the security of others;
- Notification procedures pertaining to the report of a missing student from a student housing facility;
- A description of programs designed to inform students and employees about the prevention of crimes;
- Statistics concerning the occurrence on campus, in or on non-campus buildings or property, and on public property during the most recent calendar year, and during the two preceding calendar years for which data are available
- of the following offenses reported to campus security authorities or local police agencies: murder; sex offenses, forcible or non-forcible; robbery; aggravated assault, burglary, and motor vehicle theft; manslaughter; and arson; of the above crimes, larceny-theft, simple assault, intimidation, and destruction, damage or vandalism of property, and of other crimes involving bodily injury to any person, in which the victim is intentionally selected because of the actual or perceived race, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity or disability of the victim;
- of arrests or persons referred for campus disciplinary action for liquor law violations, drug-related violations, and weapons possession; and
- of domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking incidents that were reported to campus security authorities or local police agencies.
- A statement of policy concerning the monitoring and recording through local police agencies of criminal activity at off-campus student organizations that are recognized by the college and that are engaged in by students attending the college, including those student organizations with off-campus housing facilities.
- Statements of policy regarding the possession, use, and sale of alcoholic beverages and enforcement of state underage drinking laws and the possession, use, and sale of illegal drugs and the enforcement of federal and state drug laws, and a description of any drug or alcohol abuse education programs;
- Current campus policies regarding immediate emergency response and evacuation procedures, including the use of electronic and cellular communication;
- Current campus policy on prevention of and responses to sex offenses occurring on campus;and
- Policy statements and training programs regarding fire safety for students and employees.
Information regarding the list of registered sex offenders may be obtained through the Chicago Police Department website: CLEARMAP Chicago Police Department
Return to: Academic Policies