The BFA in Television Writing and Business addresses the growing need to prepare students for launching and managing entertainment projects while maintaining creative control of their productions. Today's studios, networks, and independent production companies seek creatives with high level writing skills and sound business acumen and entrepreneurial thinking. This program fulfills that need while also teaching students how to create their own opportunities for employment and engagement with the television and digital media industry.
As a result of successfully completing program requirements, students should be able to:
- develop the writing skills that enable the successful development and execution of a television series.
- understand the fundamentals of what is needed to be an Executive Producer;
- understand how to finance and manage creative organizations and professionals;
- apply the creative, technical, and business processes needed to develop and produce content;
- produce, manage, finance, and distribute content across multiple platforms;
- apply critical thinking, problem solving, communication, and entrepreneurial skills to the television industry;
- analyze trends, opportunities, and challenges to compete successfully in a rapidly changing global media environment;
- lead the next generation of creative ventures; and
- launch self-sustaining creative careers.