Columbia is one of the first schools in the country to offer a Social Media and Digital Strategy major; an undergraduate program that prepares students to work in this exciting new field across industries. Content creators, social media managers, digital strategy experts, and others are needed for nonprofits, companies, artists, start-ups, and more. This major draws from established programs in Advertising, Business and Entrepreneurship, Communication, Fashion, Journalism, and Public Relations. This field is rich with internship opportunities, helping you graduate career-ready with ample real-world experience.
As a result of successfully completing program requirements, students should be able to:
- critically analyze, produce, create and distribute social media and digital content that is strategically sound and consumer-relevant;
- identify, interpret, and report research, data and trends to public audience;
- measure and analyze audience engagement, business models and performance metrics;
- execute digital strategies and social media that build awareness for causes and brands, create social change and/or generate revenue streams; and
- adhere to legal and ethical standards when employing social media whether for business, media government, nonprofits or causes.