The BA in Advanced Management gives students the opportunity to deepen their quantitative and qualitative abilities, expand their business intelligence, and sharpen their strategic planning competencies so that they can pursue careers in a range of creative organizations such as music venues, pop-up art galleries, or the business affairs unit of an international media company.
The full-time and adjunct faculty of more than 100 renowned academics and creative professionals integrate current industry practices into the classroom. With over 700 business and entrepreneurship students and a global network of alumni, the program has a major influence in the field of arts, entertainment, and media management worldwide.
Successful Advanced Management graduates should be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of managing creative organizations and professionals.
- Apply critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills to the entrepreneurial management of the creative sectors.
- Analyze trends, opportunities, and challenges to compete successfully in a rapidly changing global environment.
- Lead the next generation of creative ventures.
- Launch self-sustaining creative careers.
A grade of “C” or better is required in all major coursework.
For students who have earned a Bachelors degree previously, Columbia offers a Second Bachelor of Arts in Advanced Management.
Program Requirements |4 Year Planning Tool | Transfer Planning Tool